Script Limits

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Aug 7 13:40:00 EDT 2003

Hi Mark,

>> In the non-password-protected stack, all three text strings are
>> readable.
>> In the password-protected stack none of them are.
>>
>> It seems a change was introduced in the engine at some point that now
>> provides complete protection for all three types of data storage.
>>
> I just did another test in MC 2.5:
>
> While it is true that the data is safe in a text editor, it is not
> safe when you do the following:
>
> Try opening that stack you created in MC.  You can not get to the
> script data, but you can
> surely open up the custom property and read what you put in there.

That's sad, but true...

Getting a bit off-topic:

One of the few features i liked in Director was to be able to protect
(forgotten the correct term) files before creating a standalone.
(If you were not putting all the files into the standalone...)

This way these files could ONLY be played back by the projector
(the Director standalone engien).

They could NEITHER be opened NOR changed in the IDE anymore...

(But i have no idea if this is easy/hard to implement... I think the
latter one ;-)

> Best regards,
> Mark Talluto
> http://www.canelasoftware.com