Script Limits and solid IDE evolution!

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Aug 7 09:59:18 EDT 2003

Hi David,

> On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 13:13, Klaus Major wrote:
>> I still think the free StarterKit was the best thing ever.

I really could convince some of my customers to install the MC version
for their
OS, after explaining that there would not be thousands of DLLs on their
HD after
installation, and that it would be nothing more than a MC-Player (sic!)
;-),
so i could deliver some of my projects as stacks...

...which is a fine thing, filesize-wise :-)

In the future i would have to spend some extra time to create some kind
of
MC-Player from scratch. OK, its doable, but should be avoidable...

>> One could play with it, get used to the app and even build useful
>> things :-)
>> ...and 30 (contiguous?) days may be not enough, even with no script
>> limits...
>
> 30 days is not enough for a significant market sector (students) to
> decide they can build a business around creating Rev built products to
> justify the licence fee.

Exactly!

>> P.S.
>> I confess i build a (not too) commercial CD-ROM with the starterkit
>> and bought my first MC license with the salary for that :-)
>> (Simple Image and video presentation, but what the egg...)
> My guess is that it took you longer than 3 months to learn, build test
> and release this product?

Hmm, i still learn something new in MC every day (and especially in RR
;-),
but having a HC/SC background i could finish that CD in about 2 months,
including image editing in Photoshop (which i really love :-)...

It wasn't really more than something like "go next cd" etc...,
but someone had to do it ;-)

But yes, the learning curve IS very steep, but only because MC/RR is
soooo powerful! :-)

>> Maybe that's what they are afraid of in scotland? ;-)
>
> Easy - I'm half Scottish :)

Ooops, half apologizes then :-D

Regards

Klaus Major