Script Limits

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Aug 5 20:37:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 04:29 PM, Shari wrote:

> What would this affect?  Presumably if we create a standalone, and
> distribute it, this would affect scripts within the standalone,
> correct?

It is my understanding that these are OK.  The limit of 0 for
standalones would apply to 'set the script of ..." during the execution
of the standalone.  If you don't do that in your scripts, then you are
OK.

> Right now a standalone can have unlimited lines in the script, but not
> in a "do" command.  I don't know about other folks, but I use the "do"
> command a LOT in my standalones.  Even with the 10 line limit.

It is not clear to me what the 'do' limit will be.  I expect it will
remain at 10 or increase, but we will have to wait and see.

Dar Scott

****
   Dar Scott Consulting    http://www.swcp.com/dsc/    Programming
Services