Image Angle and ImageData bugs - avoid crashing!

MisterX x at monsieurx.com
Sat Aug 2 07:17:00 EDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

Hopping something in this world can be improved I like to point to a bug or
two in MC and possible RR.

Copying imagedata from one linked image to an imagedata doesnt work
consistently and there's many problems including crashing the stack/engine.

Using a standard image A and B, both the same size, I imported a 4 megapixel
jpg to image A. Resized A as B.
Made an imagedata copy function to transfer A's image to B's.
All works fine.

Rotate your image...
Once rotated using the angle property, an image:
- Cannot be resized.
- Copying imagedata of an image whose filename is set to a 4MPix jpg to
another image, it ONLY works "correctly" if the image's angle is 0. Worse,
it can even really go 100% cpu dragging W2K to its knees and even crashing
it!
- First 90 degree rotation took 2 seconds, the next 5... keep going...

Why is an imagedata of an new empty image not empty? The template image you
might imagine but why isn't it empty?
It happens to be larger than 0 bytes containing only ascII 0 characters...
Length of imagedata depends on image size (4 0's per pixel - aha - empty
pixels RGB + alpha!!!

Why isn't it empty?

Another MC crash... This is a shame...

Thanks in advance...