Memory and Type 2 error

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 1 10:53:00 EDT 2003

>Since you say it's for internal use, this may be acceptable, but if
>you're looking for a suggestion, you might try breaking the stack up
>into a few smaller stacks, or just keeping all of your images on
>disk in a directory and use fileName properties rather than
>importing the images.

The images are in a directory.  However, the stack has over 1000
images that are always in display.  It is the nature of the stack.
And yes, for my purposes, it is necessary to be this way :-)

>Since Metacard loads the entire stack into memory, you can probably
>get a ballpark figure for how much memory it needs to launch by
>taking the file size and adding a few MBs.

>Brian Yennie

This is interesting.  I'll have to test this theory, and see how
close I can "guess" the memory usage a stack will have.

Shari C

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com