mpeg on both sides

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Tue Apr 22 14:34:01 EDT 2003

Hi Jeff,

> Has anyone had sucess using (the same) mpeg movies under quicktime on
> the
> mac side and windows media player on the pc side from within
> metacard?

Yes, i did and it worked fine.

Tested with WAV, MPG, AIF, AU and MP3 :-)

As i remember right, the "WindowsMediaPlayer" has to be >= Version 6.4.
At least for MP3 support, not sure about mpg...

You have to set "the dontuseqt" to true before you can do that.
Preferably on "preopenstack". Must be BEFORE QT loads, you
cannot switch once you used QT...

I check the "qtversion" if it > 5 like:

on preopenstack
    if char 1 of the qtversion < 5 then set the dontuseqt to true
end preopenstack

Remember that you have no (build-in) controller without QT.
This is a QT only feature.

> I've had great sucess with quicktime on cross platform cds with
> metacard, but I've got a client that cant use quicktime on the pc and
> has
> enough movies on the cd that we cant do them in two formats or have two
> discs.
>
> thank
>
> jeff

Hope that helps...