Etiquette--Was: The speed of MC

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 08:54:00 EST 2003

>Even using Reply, it isn't very difficult to select unneeded text
>and press Delete to remove the selection.
>(This lack of list etiquette is just a symptom of a more sinister condition.)
>miscdas

Even worse is to mangle the subject line, forgetting to make sure it
is not generic re: "List Digest" or some such thing.

That said, we all make mistakes.  If you are scrolling thru a mailbox
full of mail, and each list you are on reacts differently to Reply.
It is easy to break proper etiquette.  I do it.  I've done it.  And
it means I've made a mistake that I did not intend to make.

I often check mail before going to the "icky job" that I have to work
2 days a week to pay bills.  Which means I am rushed, and probably
stressed.  Knowing that the email check might make me 5 minutes late
for work, but doing it anyway.  Errors?  You betcha.

Life produces errors.

Email produces errors.

There are many things that can annoy when it comes to email.  All
caps comes to mind.

But I'd rather look behind the errors and into the message.  I'd
rather focus on "the person and their message" rather than their
email errors, when I read.  Some people have difficulty typing.  I
don't.  But many are still one-fingered on a computer.

Some folks are older, and new to computers.  They will likely not
learn our ways.  That is okay.  I welcome them.  I welcome all.

Be kind to one another.

Don't blast someone for lack of knowledge, whether it be lack of
knowledge regarding etiquette, or for not knowing something simple
regarding programming.

The only sinister condition here, is that we are all human.  There is
no perfection in a human.  Even a borg-human has their moments....

(I miss you, Seven!)

Shari C
Gypsy King Software
--