Compiling for Windows

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Sep 29 11:15:00 EDT 2002

> I did it!  My thanks once again to Ken Ray for this one.  After
> experimenting with the instructions on your Sons of Thunder Web site I was
> finally able to get MY icons to show up on the Windows desktop instead of
> generic stuff.  I discovered that when I swapped your names "TestApp" out
> for mine and concatenated them in the command it didn't work.  But if I
> loaded everything into a string and then used "do myString" it worked
fine.

> One last question; I used forward slashes in the last two calls of
> setRegistry which require a path and I noticed in yours you used back
> slashes.  It seems to work fine, but do you think this will cause problems
> on other versions of Windows?

Congratulations, Ray! As far as using forward vs. back slashes in the last
two registry calls, I think Windows will be OK with it, but I'm not sure how
far back that support goes. It would be safer to use back slashes by taking
your variable that contains the path and doing a:

  replace "/" with "\" in <variable>

Just my $0.02,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software