Compiling for Windows

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Sep 29 03:12:01 EDT 2002

> The second issue, which I'm still wrestling with, is how to get the
> documents for my App to show up on the Windows desktop with the icons I've
> assigned to them.  I'm learning it takes a lot more than simply assigning
> them in MetaCard's Standalone Builder.  Ken Ray has a wonderful piece on
> this at his Sons Of Thunder web site:
>
>       http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/metacard.htm?file004
>
> The reason I'm still wrestling with it has more to do with my 'basic'
skill
> level than with Ken's instructions which are very clear.  It does,
however,
> require a third party piece of software; the Axialis Icon Maker, I
believe.

Yes, I believe it's now called "IconFactory" (or some such); you need it to
be able to edit the application and document icon *inside an already built
standalone*. If you already have the .ico files for the app and document,
you should be able to assign them in the Distribution Builder *before you
build the standalone*. What exactly is happening? Do you believe you have
all the registry settings in place along with the icons and its *still* not
showing up, or can you let us know what's not working?

Thanks,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com