Stop, thief!

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 26 10:11:01 EDT 2002

>I understand the sentiment here but using this practice to prevent theft is
>a bit naive: any image than can be shown onscreen can be copied via
>screencapture and any sound that can be played through the system can be
>recorded via audiocapture or an external recording device.

I know this.

But if someone's going to do it, let them work for it ;-)

In the RPG, the little tile images will be all blended into one big
picture.  Yup, you can take a screenshot, and manually carve out
pieces.  A lot more work involved.

Yes, sooner or later bits and pieces of my creations will likely find
their way into other's creations.  But at least they'll have to work
for it :-)

Don't mind me... for 10 years I had the interesting experience of
living on the "wrong side of town".  Houses were cheap there, so I
bought one.  Whereas my friends were paying $500-$700 a month to
live, I was paying $400 to start, and later carved it down to $100
(by renting out my guest house).

I saw a whole different side of humanity those years.  Not a pretty
one.  I went from being an open-hearted liberal, to a very strongly
opinionated libertarian, from that experience.

I also learned a lot about the criminal mind, and became very
protection oriented in my own personal life.  At one point, every
house in my neighborhood had been broken into.  All except mine.  I
had taken precautions.  They stole things from my yard, and a storage
shed, but my house remained virgin.

I live in Atlanta, Georgia, one of the highest crime cities in the
U.S.  It skews you.  Especially if you've encountered it personally.

So yes, I admit, I do take the hard tack sometimes :-)

Shari C

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com