MetaCard 2.4.3 build 5/6

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Sat Sep 21 14:43:00 EDT 2002

We've put new builds of MetaCard 2.4.3 in the directory
ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/ that have bug fixes for most of the
problems reported over the last couple of months.  If you've reported
a bug in that time that you haven't already worked around, you might
want to download and use these new engines.  If you haven't reported
any bugs, you must be doing fine without them and so don't need to
bother ;-)

The current buildNumber is 5 for Win32 and Linux, and 6 for MacOS 68K
and PPC (we fixed a bug running on System 7 just yesterday).  The
other UNIX engines haven't been built because the bugs fixed generally
did not impact them.

The Mac OS X engine is currently stuck at build 4.  There are a few
things that Jaguar (Mac OS X 10.2) broke, but unfortunately they're
mostly problems with Jaguar itself that we must wait for Apple to fix.
We've also switched development of that engine over to Project
Builder/gcc because we got tired of CodeWarrior breaking (it too
stopped working in 10.2).  As a bonus, gcc seems to be a better
compiler than CW and we'll be getting a small performance boost in the
Carbon/Mach-O engine for MetaCard 2.5, which should start public
testing in a few weeks.
  Regards,
    Scott