Changing File Names from Answer Dialogs

Yates, Glen JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com
Wed Sep 11 16:44:01 EDT 2002

This behavior is not unique to Windows XP or Metacard, it works like this in
Windows 2000 as well, and for all apps that use standard file dialogs. I
discovered this quite by accident about a week ago, as I accidentally pasted
a filename into the wrong place, well, not thinking that the filename would
actually be changed, I then pasted the text into the filename box and
pressed the save button, thus overwriting the contents of the file that I
had just inadvertently renamed.

-Glen