Launch MS Word

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Sep 10 15:15:01 EDT 2002

Philip,

Try using "open process" instead; using the syntax:

  open process <appPathWithParams>

where <appPathWithParams> is a quoted string with two parts: the path to the
application, a space, and then the path to the document. For example, to
load up Word with a doc on C: called "test.doc", you would do this:

  open process "c:/program files/Microsoft Office/Office10/Winword.exe
c:/test.doc"

Not only does this launch it, but you can then "control" the process from
MetaCard if you wish (check out openProcesses, kill, etc.).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/