hide/show menu buttons

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Tue Sep 10 11:01:00 EDT 2002

At 4:12 PM -0400 8/30/02, Shari wrote:
>I have a menubar on each card (in the background layer, so it automatically appears on each card).  On a Mac, of course it's the regular Mac menubar.  On windows, the menubar is part of the card. Standard so far.
>
>Works perfectly except for one thing.
>
>I want to hide/show menu buttons when entering a card.

Instead of hiding/showing them, you could move them into and out of the group. You can do this by setting their layer to a layer outside/inside the group. Note that you must set relayerGroupedControls to true:

<http://macitworks.com:8080/revdocs/relayerGroupedControls>

Also note that the menus show up in their layer order, _not_ in the order they are positioned in the group. In other words, if you move a button out of the menu group, and then put it back, but in the wrong layer, the menu bar will be messed up on Macintosh even though it looks fine on windows.

<http://macitworks.com:8080/revdocs/aboutMenus>

Both those links are quoted from the documentation for Revolution, but the concepts are the same.
--

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com