Accented Characters on PlAtf0rMs?

eric engle engleerica at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 10:56:00 EDT 2002

In MetaCard 2.2 when I tried to port a stack written
in French from MacOS to Windows all my accents were
changed.

Since English has no accents this is not a problem -
in English.

However every other major language that I know of has
accents. (French, Russian, Spanish, Italian... the
list is not insignificant).

I am wondering if there has emerged any workaround for
this problem? I tried to find a way to script around
it - to no avail. (though I supposed I could represent
my accents as html entities in a hidden field and then
import them platform dependant - yeesh).

Anyway I am hoping someone either has a solution or at
least ideas to solve this problem.

=====
My Web sites:
http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm (law)
http://www.geocities.com/newtontechspecs (Newton)

Help! I need a copy of code warrior pro version 4 (i.e. with pascal) for x86 work (nowhere on ebay)