UnQuickTime Videos?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Sep 4 20:07:00 EDT 2002

Recently, "Thomas McCarthy"  wrote:

> Can we play native Windows video files from within MetaCard using
> MCISendString?

My understanding is you don't need MCISendString.  MC/Rev will play movies
using whatever default multimedia features are available on the host system.
This is what we used in past projects.  It's quite possible that one user or
another has no/disabled multimedia facilities on their system, so they may
get no playback.  Not sure if there's way around this, but in this day and
age, the likelihood of this seems small.

In any event, set the dontUseQT to true and try playing some AVIs within MC
-- you should be able to see the movies, although you'll have less control
over playback than you get with QT.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director