Weird URL thing

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 08:55:01 EST 2002

At 12:01 pm -0500 30/10/02, Gregory Lypny wrote:

>It works fine when I test it on localhost using the MC post command as
>
>username:password at localhost/path/FMPro?-db=dbName.fp5&-lay=layoutName&-format=fileName.txt&-findAll
>
>and the container "it" returns all of the records I want.
>
>But when I test it on the remote machine (simply replacing localhost
>with the remote host address, and all files the same), the variable
>"it" is returned empty --- no data!  I confirmed that it is not a
>problem with FileMaker because I'm able to type the above command
>string into a browser URL field and the remote host will generate a
>web page with all the data.  All of my other types of MC posts to
>FileMaker on the remote host work wonderfully and those include
>accessing portal fields (thanks to the thoughtful suggestions of
>members of this list).

Some quick thoughts ...

Did you check the result following the post call? Was any error returned?

What happens if you use get instead of post? (I'm assuming the
browser uses get and not post.)

Did you include "http://" at the front of your url?

Do you have the correct port number (if it's not 80) for the remote host?

Cheers
Dave