Weird URL thing

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 30 11:08:01 EST 2002

Hi Everyone,

	Having trouble with a post to FileMaker (again --- sigh).  I'm trying
to extract the portal fields from a file that has only one record, but
in that record is a portal that displays fields from a master file.
(I'm using a portal to get at the records because I've disabled
searches in the master file to prevent students from snooping where
they shouldn't.)  The HTML format file looks like this:

[FMP-Portal: relationshipName][FMP-field:
relationshipName::field1],[FMP-field: relationshipName::field2], etc...
[/FMP-Portal]

where the [FMP-Portal: relationshipName] tag tells FileMaker to display
all records in the portal.

It works fine when I test it on localhost using the MC post command as

username:password at localhost/path/FMPro?-db=dbName.fp5&-lay=layoutName&-
format=fileName.txt&-findAll

and the container "it" returns all of the records I want.

But when I test it on the remote machine (simply replacing localhost
with the remote host address, and all files the same), the variable
"it" is returned empty --- no data!  I confirmed that it is not a
problem with FileMaker because I'm able to type the above command
string into a browser URL field and the remote host will generate a web
page with all the data.  All of my other types of MC posts to FileMaker
on the remote host work wonderfully and those include accessing portal
fields (thanks to the thoughtful suggestions of members of this list).

Any thoughts on this glitch?  Incidentally, the remote host is a Mac
running Jaguar and I'm using MC 2.4.3 build number 4.

	Greg

P.S.  If MC-FileMaker related stuff is not of interest to the list,
don't be shy to say so, and I won't post these kinds of questions.

	Gregory Lypny
	Concordia University