Copying OS X apps

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 29 22:17:01 EST 2002

On 10/29/02 9:52 PM, andu wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance since I'm not using OS X except as a curiosity
> (Linux is it for me) but AppleScript is smart enough to do all these
> things but stupid enough to use ":" but not "/" which is the default in
> OS X?
> Doesn't make any sense...

Right. But maybe it is necessary for Classic compatibilty, who knows.

It looks to me like they aren't done yet though. For example, I clicked
the Record button in the Script Editor and it didn't do anything. Hm. On
the other hand, some of the path manipulations in Ken's original script
don't seem to be necessary. I tried all of the following variations on
external volume names, and AppleScript accepted them all as valid paths:

:Volume:Disk:folder
Volume:Disk:folder
Disk:folder

So it is at least doing some of the parsing for us. The MC script needs
to replace slashes with colons, but it looks like other than that, AS
will accept any form of the volume/path name.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com