Copying OS X apps

andu undo at cloud9.net
Tue Oct 29 21:59:01 EST 2002

--On Tuesday, October 29, 2002 21:04:38 -0600 "J. Landman Gay"
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

<snip>

> tell application "Finder"
>   set theSrcPath to "Macintosh HD:Users:username:folder1:test_app.app"
>   set theDestPath to "Macintosh HD:Users:username:folder2"
>   duplicate file theSrcPath to folder theDestPath with replacing
> end tell
>
> Apparently AppleScript/Finder in OS X is smart enough to know that a
> folder named ".app" should be treated like a file and it moves the whole
> bundle. I didn't need to worry about icons or anything in the Contents
> folder, they went over by themselves. A nice touch.
<snip>

Forgive my ignorance since I'm not using OS X except as a curiosity (Linux
is it for me) but AppleScript is smart enough to do all these things but
stupid enough to use ":" but not "/" which is the default in OS X?
Doesn't make any sense...