socketTimeoutInterval is NOT for connecting

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Mon Oct 28 19:23:59 EST 2002

  I use 'socketTimeoutInterval' quite often...but that is for reading and
writing to a socket that is already open. I am looking for a timeout setting
for 'connecting' to a socket. If I use 'open socket' to connect to a device
that is either offline (or invalid), I would like to set a time out of 5 or
10 seconds (the device usually responds in 1) instead of the default 1
minute. I can only get so many cups of coffee in a day you know...

Of course, I may be missing something  ;-)

You may reprimand me at your leisure...

JR