Detect ResizeStack completion?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 28 14:26:01 EST 2002

depstein at att.net wrote:

> Has anyone found a good way to detect the COMPLETION of a stack's resizing?
> The resizeStack message gets sent continuously while the stack is being
> resized, and I want to know when the user has finished resizing by releasing
> the mouse.

I seems that the resizeStack message is sent after a stack is resized (but
before the content region is drawn).

If you run this script in a stack:

on resizeStack
  put milliseconds()
  pass resizestack
end resizeStack

...the Message Box appears only once, after the drag is completed and the
mouse button released.

What behaviors were you experiencing that suggested that the message was set
continuously?

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms