Aliases in cgis

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Oct 26 18:34:01 EDT 2002

On 10/26/02 4:55 PM, andu wrote:

> Not sure what server you are using but for Apache there is a config file
> directive:

Yes, Apache.

> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/my-directory/cgi-bin/"
>
> <Directory "/my-directory/cgi-bin">
>        AllowOverride None
>        Options None
>        Order allow,deny
>        Allow from all
>    </Directory>
>
> which is meant to do what you want. The <Directory></Directory> allows
> for other options as well. BTW, make sure you understand the difference
> between an alias and a [sym]link since they are not the same. Hope this
> helps.

I found this already set up in the config file. The note in there about
scriptalias basically says it allows you to set a different cgi folder,
but all I want is a file alias. There is a similar configuration for
plain aliases -- maybe I need to set that?

I don't know much about this, but it seems important that the file will
be opened by MC and not by the server. When an MC script starts using a
stack, does the server config file even matter? The request isn't coming
in over the network when that happens.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com