Aliases in cgis

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Oct 26 17:27:01 EDT 2002

I have a MetaCard cgi script on my local network (OS X) that puts a
stack in use. It works fine as long as the stack is in the
CGI-Executables folder. What I want to do is keep the stack outside the
cgi folder but still readable by the cgi script, so that the data
returned by the script is always current with the stack in my user folder.

I set the permissions for the stack in my user folder to 755. I tried
putting the long path to the stack into the script but it didn't work
(but maybe I got the path wrong.) I tried putting a Mac alias made in
the Finder into the cgi folder, as well as a unix-type aliases made in
Terminal. Neither of those worked either. I set the http.config file for
my user name to include "useSymLinks" in the options line (though I
don't think that file is consulted,) and the Mac http.config file
already includes it.

Is it possible to do what I want, and if so, can someone give
idiot-proof directions?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com