Save stack as...

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 12 13:44:01 EDT 2002

>Try:
>
>-- assumes 'streetStack' is the full filename to the stack
>lock messages
>open inv stack streetStack
>put the gVersion of stack streetStack into origStack
>close stack streetStack -- make sure destroyStack/destroywindow are true
>delete file streetStack
>save stack newGold as streetStack
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software
>Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
>Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Didn't quite do it but it gave me ideas to try.  My next programming
day is Wednesday, so I'll be quiet for a few days :-)

I did solve a biggie today :-)  One of my beta testers for Phase I
reported that "nothing worked".  Talk about a bummer.  And on my
birthday of all days.

He was testing on OSX and my first thought was, oh man, you mean it
doesn't work on OSX??

But he tried the Classic version and got the same result (bigger
bummer, you mean it only works on MY computer????)

But it turned out to be a very small bug.  An option he chose that
put 0 into a variable that should have been a very large number.

He figured it out on his own, to uncheck that option, and now he's
happily testing away :-)

Interesting that my best luck with beta testers always come from my
Macintosh Users Group.  So far I've gotten not one word of feedback
from the beta testers who surfed into my website and applied.

I'm sitting on the Windows version until I know all is well with the
Mac version.  Decided it's better to get one of them out the door,
and THEN take time for the other one.

Current project (streetStack etc.) is a plug in for Phase I.  An
addition.  Rather than trusting people to install the newer stacks
(they may have a combination, where this stack is newer but that one
is older), I'm creating an installer button that deletes the oldest
stacks and replaces with the newest ones.

Well I'm off to celebrate my birthday :-)

Shari C

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com