Save stack as...

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 12 10:09:01 EDT 2002

>What happens if you:
>   set the destroyStack of stack origStack to true
>   close stack origStack
>   wait for messages -- to assure that the mem-resident copy was destroyed
>   delete file origStack
>   save stack newerStack as origStack
>   delete file newerStack
>
>??
>
>Phil

I think I found the difficulty, or at least part of it.  The full
objective is to replace older versions of a stack, with newer
versions.  I put version numbers on the scripts.

# see which stack is newer version, replace if necessary, delete oldest version

  exit to top # testing where the error occurs

   put word 3 of line 1 of the script of stack streetStack into
origStack  # version number
   put word 3 of line 1 of the script of stack newGold into
installStack  # version number

THE ERROR INITIALLY OCCURS HERE
I get a purge memory, and it opens the stacks.  Apparently it cannot
retrieve the script of a stack, without opening the stack?

   exit to top # testing where the error occurs

   if installStack > origStack then
     # replace file goldstreet

     delete file streetStack
      save stack newGold as streetStack
     delete file newGold

     # set the destroyStack of stack streetStack to true
     # close stack streetStack
     # wait for messages # to assure that the mem-resident copy was destroyed
     # delete file streetStack
     # save stack newGold as streetStack
     # delete file newGold

   else