Funky XP Desktop

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Oct 3 14:28:01 EDT 2002

Thanks.  Actually, I should have clarified that (at least in my case) the
registry key was present, but it had no value assigned to it (empty).  I
only discovered this because an installer I built was creating desktop
shortcuts in a weird location, and the problem turned out to be the empty
registry entry.  Just curious if other folks have found an empty registry
entry here as well.

Recently, "Ken Ray"  wrote:

> I just checked my registry, and it's there:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
>
> I can't tell you if it was installed there originally (I've had XP for many
> months now), or whether some other app created it when it went to install
> stuff, but just wanted you to know.

>> Can any of you XP users out there can confirm if Microsoft does *not*
>> include a registry entry for a common desktop path on XP as the default
>> system configuration?
>>
>> hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\
>> shell folders\common desktop

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director