To-be-saved changes are not saved

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Nov 28 06:49:01 EST 2002

Axel Buchner a écrit :

> Here is an instance of really bad behavior of MetaCard, and I wonder whether
> anyone knows a solution.
>
> (1) I close a stack script.
> (2) A "Save changes?" dialog pops up
> (3) I click "Yes"
> (4) A  "Script error" dialog pops up with an error message (in this case:
> handler: end doesn't match handler name) with "OK" and "Help" as responses
> (5) I click ok - after which all changes to the script since the last
> explicit save action are lost although I had indicated that I wanted to save
> the changes!
>
> I have had this happen many, many times before while working with MetaCard
> under MacOS 9 and MacOS X. During the past several months I have lost many
> hours of work in this way, and I must say that this is very disappointing,
> especially considering MetaCard¹s hefty price tag.
>
> Saving constantly to minimize the loss is what I do now, but
> (a) this is annoying
> (b) there is still loss of work, and
> (c) saving is not always a good idea when I just want to try something.
>
> Does anyone know of a better way to work around this MetaCard problem?
>
> Regards,
> Axel Buchner

Allo,

What issue of mc are you running ? Are you sure to use the right issue
engine with the right issue tools stack,.... ?
As a long time user of mc (sine the 2.2/macOS8 to the
2.4.3/macOSX/Win32/Linux), i never had this problem before.
Check your installation and be sure that you will find what got wrong
and why mc was not in fault ;-)
--
Cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis.
Applications et bases de données WEB et VPN
Qualifier et produire l'avantage compétitif