How to start mc sons...

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat Nov 23 16:14:01 EST 2002

Allo Andu,

andu wrote:

> --On Saturday, November 23, 2002 16:13:22 +0100 Pierre Sahores
> <psahores at easynet.fr> wrote:
>
> > Aloha Fiends,
> >
> > I'm mostly using mc to build web apps running betwin apache and sql or
> > flatfiles databases. I would yet be able to have my mc-based web
> > applications servers running in multiprocesses mode just alike Apache or
> > PostGreSQL are doing :
> >
> > Those two deamons are each one running a primary main process and each
> > time they are recieving an incoming request, a secondary son process is
> > inited to parse each incoming request and build the reply to be send
> > back to the client.
> >
> > To become able to serve in about some thousand connections peer second
> > in both read and write modes, i will need to build something equivalent
> > to get mc running in the same way. Does anyone, there, have some idea in
> > about a starter point to build the mc app witch will be ok with this
> > kind of job ?
>
> You can't do it that way though as you know, the engine will start a new
> process if it receives a new request while it is still busy processing one.

Do you say that while a process is still running to parse a first
request, the engine start automatically new ones to process the
supplementary incoming querys ? If yes, it's just what i need. But, if i
understand that this is trougth in console-cgi mode, i'm still not sure
that it's the case in the way you know i use mc (as web apps long
running process engine) :in waiting for tcp/ip sockets listeners
requests on port xxxx and replying to them.

For me, but i would be happy to be mistaking there (say it, if it's the
case), all incoming requests are processed one after each other, by the
main mc process i lauched once to activate the web service binded to the
port xxxx. In fact, i figured me out that this mc process was just
acting alike a postcript printer queue engine acts. Am i false, there ?

> While on this issue, is there any demand for supporting SSL? I imagine most
> uses for an http enabled app are not for general browsing but more
> specialized applications in which case https (privacy) should be a top
> priority as a feature.

Sure... and i will probably use extensivelly thoses features if SSL
become directly available from inside MC !