How to start mc sons...

andu undo at cloud9.net
Sat Nov 23 15:03:01 EST 2002

--On Saturday, November 23, 2002 16:13:22 +0100 Pierre Sahores
<psahores at easynet.fr> wrote:

> Aloha Fiends,
>
> I'm mostly using mc to build web apps running betwin apache and sql or
> flatfiles databases. I would yet be able to have my mc-based web
> applications servers running in multiprocesses mode just alike Apache or
> PostGreSQL are doing :
>
> Those two deamons are each one running a primary main process and each
> time they are recieving an incoming request, a secondary son process is
> inited to parse each incoming request and build the reply to be send
> back to the client.
>
> To become able to serve in about some thousand connections peer second
> in both read and write modes, i will need to build something equivalent
> to get mc running in the same way. Does anyone, there, have some idea in
> about a starter point to build the mc app witch will be ok with this
> kind of job ?

You can't do it that way though as you know, the engine will start a new
process if it receives a new request while it is still busy processing one.

While on this issue, is there any demand for supporting SSL? I imagine most
uses for an http enabled app are not for general browsing but more
specialized applications in which case https (privacy) should be a top
priority as a feature.

Regards, Andu Novac