Taking stacks from Windows to Mac

Rich Mooney tech at paynesparkman.com
Wed Nov 20 16:39:01 EST 2002

> I am running mc 2.3 on Mac OS 9 and on a PC laptop. I have no problem
> opening stacks on the PC that were saved on the Mac, but when I try to
open
> stacks saved on the Mac that were saved on the PC, mc does not recognize
> them. I really need to be able to work both ways cross-platform. Is this
not
> possible?

Try this:
1.  Go to this link http://www.hpo.net/support/mac_compression.html
2.  Download DropConversion to your Mac
3.  Once its downloaded and uncompressed you want to make a copy of
     DropConversion for each type of file you want to convert to.  In this
case,
     you'll make a copy called something like "Dropconvert to MC".
4.  double-click on your new Dropconvert to MC.
5.  select the box beneath "Dropped files are converted to:"
6.  select the radio button next to Creator.
7.  change the creator to MCRD and the type to MSTK.
8.  Click OK.
9.  Whever you bring a stack from PC to Mac, drop the stack onto your new
Dropconvert to MC and Voila.
10.  If you find the software useful, cough up the $8.

Rich Mooney
Payne Sparkman Mfg.
shop at paynesparkman.com