Graphics and visual effects

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 19 16:13:00 EST 2002

I often run into the problem where showing a graphic with a visual
effect produces a white area.  Where part of the graphic shows up
white and the rest is okay.  Or part of it shows up as diagonal lines
and the rest is okay.  Or sometimes the whole graphic shows up as
nothing but diagonal lines during the effect.

It will work sometimes and not others.

I am assuming this is memory related.  As it seems to happen more
when the program has been running awhile, and I've been in and out of
several stacks (all with the destroy properties set to true).

I believe that folks with less memory available to them experience
this as well.

Is there any way to address it?

Many times I close a stack, with all the destroy properties set to
true, but somehow Metacard still has the stack in memory.  Because
when I open it again, I get the purge dialog.  I suspect there's a
relationship, things being stored in memory that I didn't want there,
and memory running out.

I guess I don't expect an answer, but who knows?  Maybe somebody out
there found a fix :-)  Or maybe there's a piece of code I need to add
to better purge the memory during operation.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com