Testing on multiple platforms

Mark Luetzelschwab luetzm at texasreading.org
Mon Nov 11 14:27:05 EST 2002

Dang, Glen, you beat me to it -

One Mac OS X box with Connectix Virtual PC can give you:

OS X
OS 9.2.2

Win 95,98,ME,2000, and I think XP, if you are brave. I have 95 98SE,
and 2000 on mine and all run well.

I've found the virtual machines to be somewhat sluggish, but capable
and comparable to owning hardware for testing purposes.

That being said - we keep a few old macs around for other OS -
partitioned to boot into various flavors of OS 8.

Plus its really cool to give a demo to anti-mac people of your
software and to be able to push a button to show them the windows
side of things...

-ml