Testing on multiple platforms

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Nov 11 14:22:01 EST 2002

On Monday, November 11, 2002, at 08:56 AM, Yates, Glen wrote:

>> A Window's developer would need at least 4 to test on the various
>> flavours of Windows.  Minimum.
>
> Or one copy of Connectix's Virtual PC. :-)

And a fast PC or a very fast Mac.  I use this both on PC and on Mac, but
since my Mac is not "very fast" (yet), I mostly use this on a PC, that
is, an Intel box for Windows.

(I also considered VMware because of the serial and network modeling
capability, but when installed on my XP it interfered with the ability
of my OS X 10.1.5 to understand SMB from the XP, so I stayed with VPC.)

One might also consider an appropriate level of an MSDN subscription for
the OS's if the license is right.

Dar Scott