Metacard menu?

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 9 10:35:00 EST 2002

>In my experience, it is unfortunately necessary to thoroughly test
>your program in the three environments (native MacOs8 or 9, Classic
>under OsX and Osx).  Differences exists in :
>    - menus (specially the first one, as you experiment)
>    - program icons
>    - information in the finder "Information" window
>    - aspects of buttons, scrolling field and palette windows
>whatever LookAndFeel you choose. For instance, defaut buttons are
>very nice looking on OsX, but you cannot control several of their
>properties (colors, for instance).
>    - some behaviours for pop-up buttons or window activation, applescript ...
>     and certainly numerous others I have not discovered yet.
>
>   Just an example during the first test of the new version of my
>nutrition shareware : the program closed at launch because "the
>filename of this stack" does not give (at least apparently) the same
>result in Classic and OsX.
>
>Regards,
>
>Herve Proudhon

It was tested on OSX.  Beta testers have no way of knowing what your
program is supposed to be in your eyes, so they judge by their
experience.  Nobody thought it to be a bug, therefore it wasn't
reported during bug testing.  It was reported as an afterthought
later.
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com