Metacard menu?

Herve Proudhon herve.proudhon at medecine.univ-mrs.fr
Fri Nov 8 17:59:00 EST 2002

In my experience, it is unfortunately necessary to thoroughly test your
program in the three environments (native MacOs8 or 9, Classic under
OsX and Osx).  Differences exists in :
    - menus (specially the first one, as you experiment)
    - program icons
    - information in the finder "Information" window
    - aspects of buttons, scrolling field and palette windows whatever
LookAndFeel you choose. For instance, defaut buttons are very nice
looking on OsX, but you cannot control several of their properties
(colors, for instance).
    - some behaviours for pop-up buttons or window activation,
applescript ...
     and certainly numerous others I have not discovered yet.

   Just an example during the first test of the new version of my
nutrition shareware : the program closed at launch because "the
filename of this stack" does not give (at least apparently) the same
result in Classic and OsX.

Regards,

Herve Proudhon