Topstack and resumeStack

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 8 01:53:01 EST 2002

>It was my understanding that a standalone basically took the place of the
>MetaCard application, so if you put up backscripts or frontscripts it didn't
>matter what other stack(s) were opened after the standalone launched; they
>should all have the same front/Backscripts. But what you're telling me is
>that this is *NOT* the way it works, right? Is that what you mean when you
>say "when you go outside the stack, the code disappears"?
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, but for me, yes, the code
does disappear.

Initially the only code I wrote concerning the front and back scripts
was in the startup routine, to load the scripts.

Later, when they disappeared the first time, I added routines in the
resumeStack handler to reset them.  This worked up until I turned it
into a standalone.

Then it failed.

The resumeStack handler never gets called.
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com