Windows and fonts question

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 5 07:49:00 EST 2002

Actually two Windows questions:

I checked out two computers, one running a new version of Windows and
the other was about 4 years old.  I checked the fonts folders to see
what cross platform fonts I could find, and found the following:

arial, times new roman, courier, verdana, trebuchet

I did NOT find Helvetica on either computer.  Yet that is the font
that the Metacard docs say will look pretty much the same on both.
I'm a little concerned about how things will look if they don't have
Helvetica installed, and I've chosen Helvetica as one of the basic
fonts for my program.

Anybody have words of wisdom, besides not to use Helvetica as a basic
cross platform font?  If this fellow doesn't have Helvetica, I'm sure
many others don't as well.  I had assumed that Windows had Helvetica
the way Mac does, automatically installed unless you take it out.

Second issue is regarding the menubar.  The top of most windows on a
PC is dark blue, with what appears to be the window title and close
boxes.  Underneath, is the actual menubar.

The menubar Metacard creates as a generic has a height to cover both
the menubar and that titlebar.  Which is what I'm assuming it does,
add that titlebar on a Windows machine.

Question:  Is it necessary to color the menubutton blue for it to
have that blue Windows look, or does Metacard do that behind the
scenes?

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com