Request for comments on C-Structs to MC structs...

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Mon Nov 4 09:24:01 EST 2002

xbury.cs at clearstream.com a écrit :

> Hi gals and guys,
>
> If some of you are interested, i've mentioned earlier in the meta-time-space
> continuum that I was porting C++ programs to Metacard.
>
> In these programs I have extensive struct variables to port, and some
> include arrays of structs inside of structs, etc... Big mess I got into!
> Using properties doesn't help and creating the structs/pointer space inside
> a string variable seems overkill...
>
> Before I go bananas (or meta-tutti-fruity), I'd like to ask if anyone has
> tried nesting arrays into arrays?
>
> put abunchoflinesofdata into test[x] -- this works
> put anotherbunch into test2[x] -- this also will work
> put test[x] into test[y]
> put test2[x] into test[y+1]

For me, it works. And this too, without any speed hole because the
contents length of test[y] is in about some octets  :

put test[x] into item 1 of test[y] -- mc is automatically creating the
needed items range
put test2[x] into item 2 of test[y]

or even this :

put abunchoflinesofdata & "," & anotherbunch into test[x]
put test[x] into test[y]

and so on....