Request for comments on C-Structs to MC structs...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 4 07:14:01 EST 2002

xbury.cs at clearstream.com wrote:

> Before I go bananas (or meta-tutti-fruity), I'd like to ask if anyone has
> tried nesting arrays into arrays?
>
> put abunchoflinesofdata into test[x] -- this works
> put anotherbunch into test2[x] -- this also will work
> put test[x] into test[y]
> put test2[x] into test[y+1]
>
> will this work and be reliable? Limits known?

Is abunchoflinesofdata an array itself?  I've never tried that.  If it's
just a chunk it should work.

Another option for storing hierarchically-structured data is to use MC
properties and propertysets in native objects:

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-July/006141.html>

Remember that you can store and retrieve arrays from objects by setting the
properties of the current propertyset of the object to an array:

  -- Create an array:
  put "hello world" into tMyArray[1]
  --
  -- Tell MC which propertyset to work with:
  set the propertyset of stack "storage" to "ArrayData"