script limits

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu May 16 15:01:01 EDT 2002

on 16/5/02 8:35 AM, Geoff Canyon at gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com wrote:

> It's in the docs someplace. Everything that has a limit of 4 gigabytes has to
> live in the same 4 gigabytes. So all your scripts combined with all your
> fields, etc., has to total less than 4 gigabytes. When someone bumps into
> _that_ limit, I'd like to see the project. ;-)

well... we've produced quite a few projects (not in MC) over 4GB - images,
text, buttons, etc - (these are mostly touchscreen interactive 'kiosk'
publications, though we're currently working on a DVD-ROM) I think the
largest one is currently about 19GB, and expanding.

But admittedly all the data isn't loaded into RAM simultaneously, so it
doesn't really count.  But it does make the point that humans can assemble
very large quantities of quality content (and we're not wasteful with space,
honest).

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866