script limits

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu May 16 03:38:01 EDT 2002

At 8:24 PM -0500 5/15/02, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>On 5/15/02 4:50 PM, erik hansen wrote:
>>  i will assume that mac OS 9.2.2 can
>> handle a lot more than 30,000.
>
>If I remember right, the script limit is in gigabytes -- 4, I think.

It's in the docs someplace. Everything that has a limit of 4 gigabytes has to live in the same 4 gigabytes. So all your scripts combined with all your fields, etc., has to total less than 4 gigabytes. When someone bumps into _that_ limit, I'd like to see the project. ;-)

I should add that, of course, 4 gigabytes will be a tight fit in less than 10 years. I hope Scott is ready by then ;-)
--

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com