script limits

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Thu May 16 13:45:00 EDT 2002

> I should add that, of course, 4 gigabytes will be a tight fit in
> less than 10 years. I hope Scott is ready by then ;-)

We're already there: MetaCard has already been ported to 64-bit
systems, including DEC Alpha (which as it turns out we no longer
support: Compaq discontinued that processor line because apparently
the world doesn't really need 64 bit computing just yet ;-)

You'll still be limited to 4GB per object until/unless we change the
file format, but that 4GB address space is not shared on 64-bit
systems like it must be on 32-bit systems.
  Regards,
    Scott