Viewing PDF Files

Mark Luetzelschwab luetzm at texasreading.org
Thu May 16 05:21:01 EDT 2002

Since I have not been receiving messages either, I've missed the
discussion on the launching..so I apologize if this is a duplicate of
something already said.
Its been my experience that the launch command is problematic and
have found that using shell() and applescript are more reliable,
especially when you open multiple documents in succession. It also
takes away the problem of locating the application - you can let the
OS deal with that.

Check out the script on Chipp's useful script site:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/UsefulScripts.htm

look for the Acrobat launching info.

-ml

>Dear sirs:
>By reading the messages posted yesterday asking for ways to open PDF
>files using the default Acrobat viewer, I have found that it's a fairly
>simple matter if you use the launch command, once the location of the
>PDF viewer is determined.
>However, I think something that would be very interesting is the
>possibility to view the PDF files using a plug-in in the way the
>Internet browsers do, this would free us from the burden of searching an
>Acrobat viewer or somehow include the Acrobat Reader in the users
>machine.
>Any ideas?
>Saludos,

Javier Miranda V.

Mark J. Luetzelschwab			luetzm at texasreading.org
Texas Center for			(v) (512) 232 9477
Reading and Language Arts		(f) (512) 232 2322
http://www.texasreading.org