[ANN] Valentina 1.9.1b4

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 14 17:49:01 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I am glad inform you that you can download new beta of
Valentina APP, V4RB and V4MD/Mac that introduce GROUP BY in SQL:

    SELECT count(*), count(f), sum(f), avg(f), min(f), max(f)

And the same with DISTINCT:

    SELECT count(DISTINCT f), sum(DISTINCT f), avg(DISTINCT  f)

V4RB archive contain TEST project that demonstrate about 50 tests on this.

Also I was able optimize SELECT DISTINCT to use new algorithm.

Guys, this must be fantastic thing. Just atomic!
It is based on sort algorithms of Valentina, so we can expect about 1000
times faster work of DISTINCT than e.g. In 4D or mySQL.

For example on G3/233 DISTINCT for one field on table with million records
will take just 6 seconds. On iMAC/350 about 3 seconds, on G4/450 less of
second.

* Was fixed a couple of bugs on OUTER JOIN algorithm.

* So, please test this new beta and let me know if any problems.

--
Best regards,
Ruslan Zasukhin

Paradigma.