MC 2.32 and KDE3 running together again ;-)

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun May 5 03:49:00 EDT 2002

andu wrote:

> --On Sunday, May 05, 2002 01:59:17 +0200 Pierre Sahores
> <psahores at easynet.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi List,
> >
> > After installing Suse 8.0 Pro on a x86 based Laptop, i first got
> > troubbles with the "copy, cut and paste" commands of the MC 2.32 IDE
> > Script Editor. I got two ways to get the script editor working again :
> > 1.- by quiting the KDE "Klipper" clipboard app ; 2.- by switching from
> > KDE to an other window manager (not realy the best to do).
>
> I don't use KDE but try switching to Metacard 2.4.2,

I'm licensied for MC 2.42 but some of my web apps are not updated, for
yet ! It's why i will continue to use MC 2.32 up to this summer on the
Linux x86 platform :-)

I understand the
> compatibility with recent QT/KDE and Gnome is improved. In my experience
> clipboard functionality on Linux is a matter of luck: I could not cut+paste
> in Netscape 4.77 but it worked fine with Netscape 6.x. on the same
> Slackware 8. Some applications want control+c for copy others want alt+c,
> the truth must be in the middle somewhere;-).

I agree. In between, i'm realy impressed by MacOSX and i will probably
set up production web apps in using it, further.

--snip--

> Regards, Andu Novac

Best Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB & VPN applications & databases servers
Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Qualifier & produire l'avantage compétitif