MC 2.32 and KDE3 running together again ;-)

andu undo at cloud9.net
Sat May 4 23:10:01 EDT 2002

--On Sunday, May 05, 2002 01:59:17 +0200 Pierre Sahores
<psahores at easynet.fr> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> After installing Suse 8.0 Pro on a x86 based Laptop, i first got
> troubbles with the "copy, cut and paste" commands of the MC 2.32 IDE
> Script Editor. I got two ways to get the script editor working again :
> 1.- by quiting the KDE "Klipper" clipboard app ; 2.- by switching from
> KDE to an other window manager (not realy the best to do).

I don't use KDE but try switching to Metacard 2.4.2, I understand the
compatibility with recent QT/KDE and Gnome is improved. In my experience
clipboard functionality on Linux is a matter of luck: I could not cut+paste
in Netscape 4.77 but it worked fine with Netscape 6.x. on the same
Slackware 8. Some applications want control+c for copy others want alt+c,
the truth must be in the middle somewhere;-).