Multiple Platform Release info

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Sun Mar 24 18:07:00 EST 2002

Shari wrote:

> Re:  Revolution... I actually downloaded both Metacard and
> Revolution, and started out using Revolution.  Word on the 'net was
> that Revolution was cheaper and had more features, but used the same
> engine.  Good selling points.  But Revolution crashed every few
> minutes, literally, during development.  And I had to adopt the habit
> of copying EVERY SINGLE code change, addition, etc. to a SimpleText
> file, so that when it crashed and burned, I did not lose whatever
> code I had just written.

Why not just save?

Unlike other xTalks, the MC file format is not prone to corruption.  Crashes
can cause you to lose unsaved work, but in nearly five years I've never seen
a corrupted stack file.

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish any Database on Any Site