icon id 3001 where are you?

Sjoerd Op 't Land sjoerdoptland at mac.com
Fri Mar 22 01:49:01 EST 2002

erik hansen wrote/ schreef:

> the custom icons created in HC and opened in MC
> cannot be found. in HC they are referenced to the
> stack and appear in the icon window with the id
> the creator chooses. guys 4001 etc., dolls 3001
> etc. where they can be edited. after going
> through tutorials, concepts, and references, re:
> icons & images, the dancers remain elusive. "My
> Icons" shows no trace, "Icon Chooser"- nothing.
>
> are custom icons supposed to show up somewhere to
> be edited? or could my "Properties" dialog bug be
> the culprit...
Some things about icons here... (came from HC myself so...)

In MC, icons are nothing more than ordinary image objects. If you want to
make your icons, you need to import the desired image (as gif or jpeg),
remember its ID, place it offscreen or hide it. Then take a button object,
and set it's icon to the ID, remember?

In HC, icons are stored as ICN# resources, and wont be used when a HC stack
is imported into MC.

The solution? Try to extract the resources from your HC stack, and import
them in your MC stack. (Maybe this can be done with GraphicConverter).

Regards, / Groeten,
Sjoerd