Building standalones

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Thu Mar 21 20:30:01 EST 2002

Shari wrote:

>> Because all your mac flavors will have a resource fork, you should
>> use it for your icons.  On OS X, you have to really dive in there
>> with resedit to get your  icons to look just right.
>
> OSX supports a resource fork?  I had heard that it didn't.  Though I
> haven't experienced OSX first hand...

Welcome to NeXT -- er, Apple.  ;)

The NeXT folks that now run much of the OS development wanted to ditch the
resource fork altogether.  But after much feedback from developers they
acquiesced enough to allow the resource for during an unspecified
transitional period.

Same for creator codes, the long-term future of which is still largely
unknown at this time.

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish any Database on Any Site